Studytrip to London

11:05:00

Three weeks ago I went to London for a study trip. This was my second time in London and I just love this city! I have no problems at all with seeing myself living here in a few years. I experienced a lot during my ten day stay, so I will do my best to tell you everything.
We spent most of our time in Shoreditch, that is in East-London. It is one of my favorite areas in London, because here you can find graffiti  and alternative people everywhere. There are also some really amazing shops and a sensational nightlife around here.
flatdier







With this study trip we had the opportunity to visit impressive creative companies, like Typetasting, YCN and some ad-agencies. We learned among other what kind of influence a font can have and how you can create an opportunity to learn new skills. We also attended two book readings, one was about how a book can change someone’s life. The other one was about sustainable fashion. These kind of book readings are held often, which are definitely worth a visit.
I visited a lot of shops, I don't even remember them all. You should check this site for the top 100 most interesting shops in London.  One I really liked was Pitfield London, this is a shop, café and gallery in one. At that moment they had a really nice exhibition about Mark Oliver's ''The Litter Bug''.
mugDesign
In London you can find a big range of museums and galleries. I visited the National Portrait Vallery, the Serperntine gallery, the V&A museum, the Barbican art Gallery and the Design museum. I have seen some amazing things here. From very personal portraits to Italian fashion, they have it all. My personal favorite was the exhibition: “Hello my name is Paul Smith” at the Design museum. In this exhibition Paul Smith shows you his journey from the beginning until present.
Roze autoMarkt







I could talk about my trip forever, but I don't want it to be a long and boring story so here are some tips if you are planning to go to London: 
Shoreditch Highstreet or Kingsland road: if you are searching for some great bars to hang out check these streets
Berwick Street: the street full of fabric shops
Cloth house London: The fabric shop I liked the most (yes, I bought some new fabrics for my upcoming collections)
Jamie's Italian: an affordable Jamie Oliver restaurant!
Hyde park: I highly recommend you to take some time to relax in the sun in this beautiful park!
Street art tour London: If you are interested in street art, like I am, than you definitely should do this tour.
Tate museum for Modern art: One of the most famous museums in London.
Borough Market:  If you like food, go here it is heaven! 
Salina
 Stay tuned! Soon I will tell you all about the cool places in Berlin.
- Salina van Miert

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Popular Posts

Instagram

Portfolio

Subscribe